Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Storytime Begins

Of course Kib tried to held me to my promise tonight, and I realized that I would be up late every night if I didn't find a way to slow him down a bit. So I proposed a compromise.

"Tell you what kiddo." I began, "I'll tell you a bit about the Brass Wastes tonight, but I think we better set up a regular night each week for story telling."

"Okay." he said a little embarassed.

Diana quickly jumped in to give me an out, but I caught her eye with a wink and went on.

"How about this..." I started as my mind raced. "What if we have story time on Saturday evenings after dinner?"

I had wanted to start a regular storytime in the village, but I quickly changed plans.

"That way," I continued, "we can invite some of the other people from town. That way I won't have to tell all the stories twice."

Suddenly both of the other hands jumped in at once, "Excellent, maybe we could invite our families?" they both injected at once.

We all looked at Diana afraid to invite a lot of people when she was doing the cooking. She caught the shy looks from all of us and started laughing.

"Oh sure, you guy sit around and tell stories while I make dinner for the whole town."

We all began to back peddle mumbling various apologies, but she just cut in. "Of course we can invite your families. I have been hoping to get over to see them more anyway."

One of the hands quickly volunteered his mother to bring some bread, "It's the best. You'll see." He said with real sincerity.

The other hand said shyly said, "My mums pretty good with pie, maybe I could get her to throw something together."

"It set then." jumped in Diana. "Now about the Brass Wastes..." she said with an eager blink in my direction.

"Yes The Brass Wastes" chimed in Kib with childlike excited squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment