Friday, July 2, 2010

Tank Wars and Bottle Rockets

Tomorrow is going to be so awesome! My dad has agreed to give me a hundred and fifty bucks for fireworks as long as I buy some traditional fireworks that my mom will like. Which means lots of fountains, but I know I can get a nice pack of fountains for under a hundred bucks, and then have plenty for some real fun.

I stayed up till after midnight planning the games for tomorrow. I figure some snake races, and smoke signals while we shoot bottle rockets at some targets, and wait for it to get dark; then while the twilight fades we'll have the tank wars. Oh yah! I'll grab some extra long fuses and tie a squadron of tanks together for each team. Then before we light the tanks we'll use lady-fingers and ground flowers to try to thin the ranks. I may even bring out some miniatures for dramatic effect.

I figure I'll grab a few boxes of sparklers to entertain the little kids in the neighborhood, and distract my parents while we get the tanks and fire-crackers ready. If the kids get cranky I can always break out a few boxes of throw pops. The little kids can't resist those, but I like to keep some of those to play around with over the next few weeks.

I'm now off to inform the gang, and spend some money. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment