Thursday, July 8, 2010

Skating in the Clouds

I got up late today, and of course got to work late so I had to stay late. When I did get home Trish was roller skating around the neighborhood. I ran into the house and wolfed down some mac-n-cheeze and a roll and ran back outside to see if I could catch her. She was just coming back up the street toward her house. I waved to her, and ran across the street to meet her.

I asked her if I could join her with my scooter, and she said that would be great. So we skated all over the neighborhood chatting and laughing, and talking about the great lake trip yesterday. Apparently that is an Independence Day tradition for her family. I told her how much fun it was, and asked how often they went out to the lake. She said they go several times a year. She wasn't sure when the next time would be, but she would ask her parents if I could go next time they went. Skating around chatting was almost as much fun as jet skiing with her yesterday. And wow she is so pretty.

I totally lost track of time, and when I realized the sun was going down, I knew I was in trouble. We raced back home, and said goodbye. Sure enough I got the 'you know when you are supposed to be home' lecture, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment